CUEAC 8.6.1 - Feature List and Release Updates
This is the official thread for updates to the Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console version 8.6.1 release schedule and the list of features included in the new release. To receive the latest news, please subscribe to this thread from the Thread Tools menu.
CISCO UNIFIED ENTERPRISE ATTENDANT CONSOLE VERSION 8.6.1 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD (Updated June 10, 2011)
You may now download Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console version 8.6.1 from the following URL:
The website requires a login/password (separate from your Cisco.com account), and it takes just a couple minutes to create if you don't already have one.
Once you're logged in, simply click the "Downloads" link from the left navigation menu and select the product you wish to download.
The following items are included in the .zip file:
- Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console server
- Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console operator client
- Document: Web Admin and Installation Guide
- Document: User Guide
- Document: 8.6.1 Release Notes
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are upgrading an existing system, both the server AND the operator client must be upgraded.
The following features have been added to Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console in version 8.6.1:
- Personal Directory Groups: tabbed directories, created by operators, that are subsets of the full directory synchronized from Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- AND Searching: search more than one directory field at the same time
- Console Client Upgrade Enhancement: console client preferences (from Options > Preferences) are retained when the console client is upgraded
- Device Template Enhancement: option to retain Call Forward settings on CTI route points when re-syncing CTI route points using a template device
- Cisco TAC support for the UCS C200 M2 as host machine for the Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console server
- OVA template for the Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console virtual machine
- Compatibility with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(5) through 8.6(1)
- Compatibility with Cisco Unified Presence 7.0(5) through 8.6(1)
- Accessibility Support: JAWS and ZoomText script updates
- Localization of the attendant console client, help files and User Guide document in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Russian, Arabic, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
Last edited by JeffSandstrom; 06-10-2011 at 14:16.
What are the first experiences of the upgrades ? Anything to take into account particularly, what is the estimated risk of the upgrade ? Is falling back to the previous version easy ?
Thanks for your advice.
I have just upgraded a customer to 8.6 and have noticed that they have dropped the 'External Directory' showing all contacts that have external numbers set.
The full directory will show contacts and an indicator showing there are alternate numbers available but there is no dedicated directory for the external numbers like there was in previous versions.