Thread: CUEAC 8.5.1.5 hunt group question

Default CUEAC 8.5.1.5 hunt group question

We have installed CUEAC 8.5.1.5 for one of our clients. They are asking if there is anyway to see which users phones are logged into a hunt group. They claim they were able to do this with their old system that we replaced. I am new to my company and this was installed back in January. They were told that this would be an option. Im afraid if we do not get it working that we will have to remove the system.

Hi,

The CUEAC system can only import entries from the End User's in CUCM, therefore having this information in the directory available to the Attendant's is not possible.

However, with the new release of version 8.6, we have introduced a new feature called Personal Directory Groups which is very similar to the Speed Dial's in CAC.

This could be utilized in your customer's situation by creating a PDG for the hunt groups, contacts could then be added to the PDG and the Attendant would be able to see the status of each member of the group which would determine if they are available or not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. Im looking at the documentation for this and I do not think it will solve the problem. The users have to login to the hunt group. They show up in the directory regardless of if they are logged in or not. I do not think it would be any different for these Personal Directory Groups. Here is their exact complaint:

Hunt group issue: see all extensions connected to individual groups. Cannot monitor status of hunt groups..only of devices like phones

Then I am afraid you are correct, there is no way for the CUEAC System to monitor Hunt Groups and show who is logged into them,

I will speak to our Product Team to see if there is anything like this planned for a future release, it would be worth keeping an eye out on the sticky notes on this forum as this will give you information on any new features.